It was a struggle.
Thursday, 3th November 2016
I made a huge mistake in my entire hiking life, which was... not checking the weather forecast altogether it meant I underestimated the weather. Maybe because I was eager to enjoy an autumn forest, so I prepared myself with attire for autumn hiking trip.
To my surprise (in which I should not be surprised haha), the mountain was almost white. It was snowing as well, light one.
And it was getting darker, like sunset was around 4.30pm - day time was shorter as it's approaching winter. That's what made the trip harder.
|Welcome to Narnia.|
The BASIC DETAILS for the day trip are like this.
- Check this map https://mapy.cz/s/1bSCG to see the route I took. The map is too big to share here. T_T Basically it is about 20km walking-hiking, it will take around 8 hours (including time for photographs and some hot chocolate)
- I started and ended my hiking at this bus stop Špindlerův Mlýn, Labská (refer the map in #1)
- The cost for the transportation is around 260kc (Hradec Kralove, HK - Špindlerův Mlýn - Hradec Kralove). The journey between HK and Špindlerův Mlýn is about 3 hours one way. If you can go there with a car, you can be more flexible with the schedule. No need to rush down to catch the bus.
- For first-time hiker, I recommend you to go here in normal weather, I mean, summer or early autumn.
- Make sure to check the live camera HERE, so that you won't be surprise to see snow like me. Duh. T_T Then, wear proper attire okay?
|My bus from Hradec Kralove was at 6.25am. After about an hour, I arrived at Jicin bus station to change to another bus to Špindlerův Mlýn. Then, at about 9.30 am, I started my hiking from Špindlerův Mlýn, Labská bus stop.|
|I have at least 2 points of interests on this route, hehe you will know about it later. You can find these signboards at every intersections.|
|Krkonošský národní park - most of forests in northern part of Czech belong to this national park.|
|Welcome to winter wonderland. HAHA. Bukan patut autumn lagi ke huhu. |
|The whitish part of the mountain (in the middle of the picture) is a ski areal.|
|The excited Nina. Always.|
|Hiking between trees is nice for no cold, strong wind 'attacking' you, but the snow is thicker (I guess maybe because it melts slower)|
|Fuhhh, breath taking!|
|And... when walking in an open space like this, it was worst. HAHA, why? Less barrier for wind, slippery icy road.|
|See, it feels like walking on a road with no end.|
|Ni namanya ambik semangat lepas beberapa kali rasa nak give up. I have no problem hiking a snowy mountain, but with this running shoes... totally a wrong attire. Kasut basah, stokin basah, jari kaki beku like you can't feel them anymore.|
|Oh yea, the sparkling white color of the snow... Fuh sakit mata okay bila nak pandang jalan.|
I will share more photos in next part. Haha.
Do you think I managed to get to the top and go to the points of interest that I told you just now?
Have a nice weekend, everyone!
Happy birthday, abang long :)
Hradec Kralove, Czech